Thursday, August 16, 2007

Mike Wieringo

The comic world suffered a great loss this week...
It really striked me down, even though I never followed up his marvel stuff or even Tellos, I can say Mike's work always seemed pretty 'affective' or 'cuddly' to me. Like my friend Felipe said, he was the guy that new how to draw super heroes in the most charismatic way... and now he's gone.

Then I got to read some of the testimonials people are posting all over websites, foruns and blogs, and it just put it all in perspective.
Mike was one of the coolest, humblest (thats not a word), simple and affective person and professional in comics, and he will be terribly missed by everybody who ever knew him or his work. Damn, I never got to know the guy and I miss him even.

But like I said, it put things in perspective.

Even though I've been heavy hearted this whole week from the knews about Mike, right now I'm glad because I'm returning home for the weekend with 2 baskets full of wine, sweets and spices and other goodies as a late father's day gift, both for my real dad and my 'adoptive' dad from the kung-fu classes I used to attend, ( and hopefully will return to)

They're both gonna say it's too much, my dad is gonna be pissed because I shouldn't be spending money, yadda yadda yadda but it will be so worth it just seeing their faces the very moment they receive the gifts.

Yeah, I'm really glad about it.
:)

No comments: